There are people who want high-end audio equipment for their entertainment system. There are blogs and blogs and blogs dedicated to their needs.
Then there are people who simply want to have a little more oomph for their TV or otherwise functional stereo.
If you’re the latter, the Sylvania SP269 Bluetooth Floor Standing Tower Speaker is for you.
Here’s the simple pros of this product:
- It can hook up via bluetooth simply.
- It has a standard 8mm (headphone jack) in.
- It is amplified internally, so no external amp or worrying about that stuff is needed.
- Actually has an equalizer in the speaker.
- It looks far more expensive than it is.
- It is NOT expensive.
That last is variable – I’ve seen them on sale at Amazon for as low as $29 (though currently $39), and found them at Big Lots (in store) for $20.
It’s got one big downside … if you care… which is that it is simply meant to be a single output speaker. There’s no (inherent) way to really do stereo work with it.
But if you just want your TV to be a bit louder, or want to add another speaker in a different room, say, this works great with either bluetooth or by running a simple headphone extender cord.
I’m a fan.